About this document
InstaLOD Grid is an on-premise compute cluster for organizations that can easily be established to solve several pain-points of preparing and processing 3D data. Customers that leverage InstaLOD Grid are able to expose every employee to the InstaLOD web-application to process data with no additional cost and no application-specific training.
InstaLOD Grid scales organically with your organization by being able to add additional compute nodes to the cluster whenever they are needed, and the best thing is, everything just works; from data-prepping profiles that have been set up with InstaLOD Studio XL to leveraging best-in-class CAD import and tessellations. InstaLOD Grid's scalability is not limited to technology: the flat license fee for unlimited users, all features, and automation make it the best fit for any business case.
Submitting data for processing is as easy as opening a web-browser and dropping the file onto the InstaLOD Grid web app. Power users can leverage InstaLOD Grid through applications such as InstaLOD Studio XL or InstaLOD Pipeline. The master server will automatically forward all processing requests to the first available processing node in the compute cluster. As soon as the data has been processed, the result can be easily downloaded through InstaLOD Studio XL or the InstaLOD Grid web app.
InstaLOD Grid doesn't have any dependencies on third-party web-servers or databases which means that your data never leaves your local network. Your 3D files remain on-premise and are never uploaded to the Internet.
4. Automation and Accessibility
InstaLOD Grid can be fully automated and accessed via the web-application, InstaLOD Studio XL, InstaLOD for Maya, InstaLOD for 3dsMax, InstaLOD for VRED, and InstaLOD for Blender. For extended automation, InstaLOD Grid can be connected to InstaLOD Watchdog.
How it works
- The InstaLOD Grid Server is the core of InstaLOD Grid and accepts tasks from operators and forwards tasks to available processing nodes.
- Processing nodes accept tasks from the server and process them. Each node can accept and process one task at a time.
- Users can upload tasks to InstaLOD Grid via applications such as InstaLOD Studio XL or the built-in web application.
- Once a file has been processed, the result can be downloaded or imported straight into InstaLOD Studio XL.
For deep system integrations, InstaLOD Grid can be accessed through a built-in web-service that can be connected to other web-services, PLM systems, and traditional data pipelines.